饭饭TXT > 海外名作 > 《园丁集The Gardener》作者:[印]泰戈尔【完结】 > 园丁集(中英对照).txt

第 4 页

作者:印-泰戈尔 当前章节:14850 字 更新时间:2026-6-22 19:55

只恐我把你和大家混在一起,你独自站在一边。

I know, I know your art.

我知道,我知道你的妙计,

You never walk the path you would.

你从来不走你所要走的路。

Your claim is more than that of others, that is why you are silent.

你的要求比别人都多,因此你才静默。

With playful carelessness you avoid my gifts.

你用嬉笑的无心来回避我的赠与。

I know, I know your art.

我知道,我知道你的妙计,

You never will take what you would.

你从来不肯接受你想接受的东西。

36

He whispered, "My love, raise your eyes."

他低声说:"我爱,抬起眼睛吧。"

I sharply chid him, and said "Go!"; but he did not stir.

我严厉地责骂他说:"走!"但是他不动。

He stood before me and held both my hands. I said, "Leave me!"; but he did not go.

他站在我面前拉住我的双手。我说:"躲开我!"但是他没有走。

He brought his face near my ear. I glanced at him and said, "What a shame!"; but he did not move.

他把脸靠近我的耳边。我瞪他一眼说:"不要脸!"但是他没有动。

His lips touched my cheek. I trembled and said, "You dare too much"; but he had no shame.

他的嘴唇触到我的腮颊。我震颤了,说:"你太大胆了!"

He put a flower in my hair. I said, "It is useless!"; but he stood unmoved.

他把一朵花插在我发上。我说:"这也没有用处!"但是他站着不动。

He took the garland from my neck and went away. I weep and ask my heart, "Why does he not come?"

他取下我颈上的花环就走开了。我哭了,问我的心说:"他为什么不回来呢?"

37

Would you put your wreath of fresh flowers on my neck, fair one?

"你愿意把你的鲜花的花环挂在我的颈上么,佳人?"

But you must know that the one wreath that I had woven is for the many, for those who are seen in glimpses, or dwell in lands unexplored, or live in poets' songs.

"但是你要晓得,我编的那个花环,是为大家的,为那些偶然瞥见的人,住在未开发的大地上的人,住在诗人歌曲里的人。"

It is too late to ask my heart in return for yours.

现在来请求我的心作为答赠已经太晚了。

There was a time when my life was like a bud, all its perfume was stored in its core.

曾有一个时候,我的生命像一朵蓓蕾,它所有的芬芳都储藏在花心里。

Now it is squandered far and wide.

现在它已远远地喷溢四散。

Who knows the enchantment that can gather and shut it up again?

谁晓得什么魅力,可以把它们收集关闭起来呢?

My heart is not mine to give to one only, it is given to the many.

我的心不容我只给一个人,它是要给与许多人的。

38

My love, once upon a time your poet launched a great epic in his mind.

我爱,从前有一天,你的诗人把一首伟大史诗投进他心里。

Alas, I was not careful, and it struck your ringing anklets and came to grief.

呵,我不小心,它打到你的丁当的脚镯上而引起悲愁。

It broke up into scraps of songs and lay scattered at your feet.

它裂成诗歌的碎片散洒在你的脚边。

All my cargo of the stories of old wars was tossed by the laughing waves and soaked in tears and sank.

我满载的一切古代战争的货物,都被笑浪所颠簸,被眼泪浸透而下沉。

You must make this loss good to me, my love.

你必须使这损失成为我的收获,我爱。

If my claims to immortal fame after death are shattered, make me immortal while I live.

如果我的死后不朽的荣名的希望都破灭了,那就在生前使我不朽吧。

And I will not mourn for my loss nor blame you.

我将不为这损失伤心,也不责怪你。

39

I try to weave a wreath all the morning, but the flowers slip and they drop out.

整个早晨我想编一个花环,但是花儿滑掉了。

You sit there watching me in secret through the corner of your prying eyes.

你坐在一旁偷偷地从侦伺的眼角看着我。

Ask those eyes, darkly planning mischief, whose fault it was.

问这一对沉黑的恶作剧的眼睛,这是谁的错。

I try to sing a song, but in vain.

我想唱一支歌,但是唱不出来。

A hidden smile trembles on your lips, ask of it the reason of my failure.

一个暗笑在你唇上颤动;你问它我失败的缘由。

Let your smiling lips say on oath how my voice lost itself in silence like a drunken bee in the lotus.

让你微笑的唇儿发一个誓,说我的歌声怎样地消失在沉默里,像一只在荷花里沉醉的蜜蜂。

It is evening, and the time for the flowers to chose their petals.

夜晚了,是花瓣合起的时候了。

Give me how to sit by your side, and bid my lips to do the work that can be done in silence and in dim light of stars.

容许我坐在你的旁边,容许我的唇儿做那在沉默中、在星辰的微光中能做的工作吧。

40

An unbelieving smile flits on your eyes when I come to you to take my leave.

一个怀疑的微笑在你眼中闪烁,当我来向你告别的时候。

I have done it so often that you think I will soon return.

我这样做的次数太多了,你想我很快又会回来。

To tell you the truth I have the same doubt in my mind.

告诉你实话,我自己心里也有同样的怀疑。

For the spring days come again time after time; the full moon takes leave and comes on another visit, the flower come again and blush upon their branches year after year, and it is likely that I take my leave only to come to you again.

因为春天年年回来;满月道过别又来访问,花儿每年回来在枝上红晕着脸,很可能我向你告别只为的要再回到你的身边。

But keep the illusion awhile; do not send it away with ungentle haste.

但是把这幻象保留一会吧,不要冷酷粗率地把它赶走。

When I say I leave you for all time, accept it as true, and let a mist of tears for one moment deepen the dark rim of your eyes.

当我说我要永远离开你的时候,就当作真话来接受它,让泪雾暂时加深你眼边的黑影。

Then smile as archly as you like when I come again.

当我再来的时候,随便你怎样地狡笑吧。

41

I long to speak the deepest words I have to say to you; but I dare not, for fear you should laugh.

我想对你说出我要说的最深的话语,我不敢,我怕你哂笑。

That is why I laugh at myself and shatter my secret in jest.

因此我嘲笑自己,把我的秘密在玩笑中打碎。

I make light of my pain, afraid you should do so.

我把我的痛苦说得轻松,因为怕你会这样做。

I long to tell you the truest words I have to say you; but I dare not, being afraid that you would not believe them.

我想对你说出我要说的最真的话语,我不敢,我怕你不信。

That is why I disguise them in untruth, saying the contrary of what I mean.

因此我弄真成假,说出和我的真心相反的话。

I make my pain appear absurd, afraid that you should do so.

我把我的痛苦说得可笑,因为我怕你会这样做。

I long to use the most precious words I have for you; but I dare not, fearing I should not be paid with like value.

我想用最宝贵的名词来形容你,我不敢,我怕得不到相当的酬报。

That is why I give you hard names and boast of my callous strength.

因此我给你安上苛刻的名字,而夸示我的硬骨。

I hurt you, for fear you would never know any pain.

我伤害你,因为怕你永远不知道我的痛苦。

I long to sit silent by you; but I dare not lest my heart come out at my lips.

我渴望静默地坐在你的身旁,我不敢,怕我的心会跳到我的唇上。

That is why I prattle and chatter lightly and hide my heart behind words.

因此我轻松地说东道西,把我的心藏在语言的后面。

I rudely handle my pain, for fear you should do so.

我粗暴地对待我的痛苦,因为我怕你会这样做。

I long to go away from your side; but I dare not, for fear my cowardice should become known to you.

我渴望从你身边走开,我不敢,怕你看出我的懦怯。

That is why I hold my head high and carelessly come into your presence.

因此我随随便便地昂着走到你的面前。

Constant thrusts from your eyes keep my pain fresh for ever.

从你眼里频频掷来的刺激,使我的痛苦永远新鲜。

42

O mad, superbly drunk;

呵,疯狂的、头号的醉汉;

If you kick open your doors and play the fool in public;

如果你踢开门户在大众面前装疯;

If you empty your bag in a night, and snap your fingers at prudence;

如果你在一夜倒空囊橐,对慎重轻蔑地弹着指头;

If you walk in curious paths and play with useless things;

如果你走着奇怪的道路,和无益的东西游戏;

Reck not rhyme or reason;

不理会韵律和理性;

If unfurling your sails before the storm you snap the rudder in two,

如果你在风暴前扯起船帆,你把船舵折成两半,

Then I will follow you, comrade, and be drunken and go to the dogs.

那么我就要跟随你,伙伴,喝得烂醉走向堕落灭亡。

I have wasted my days and nights in the company of steady wise neighbors.

我在稳重聪明的街坊中间虚度了日日夜夜。

Much knowing has turned my hair grey, and much watching has made my sight dim.

过多的知识使我白了头发,过多的观察使我眼力模糊。

For years I have gathered and heaped up scraps and fragments of them:

多年来我积攒了许多零碎的东西;

Crush them and dance upon them, and scatter them all to the winds.

把这些东西摔碎,在上面跳舞,把它们散掷到风中去吧。

For I know 'tis the height of wisdom to be drunken and go to the dogs.

因为我知道喝得烂醉而堕落灭亡,是最高的智慧。

Let all crooked scruples vanish, let me hopelessly lose my way.

让一切歪曲的顾虑消亡吧,让我无望地迷失了路途。

Let a gust of wild giddiness come and sweep me away from my anchors.

让一阵旋风吹来,把我连船锚一齐卷走。

The world is peopled with worthies, and workers, useful and clever.

世界上住着高尚的人,劳动的人,有用又聪明。

There are men who are easily first, and men who come decently after.

有的人很从容地走在前头,有的人庄重地走在后面。

Let them be happy and prosper, and let me be foolishly futile.

让他们快乐繁荣吧,让我傻呆地无用吧。

For I know 'tis the end of all works to be drunken and go to the dogs.

因为我知道喝得烂醉而堕落灭亡,是一切工作的结局。

I swear to surrender this moment all claims to the ranks of the decent.

我此刻誓将一切的要求,让给正人君人。

I let go my pride of learning and judgment of right and of wrong.

我抛弃我学识的自豪和是非的判断。

I'll shatter memory's vessel, scattering the last the drop of tears.

我打碎记忆的瓶壶,挥洒最后的眼泪。

With the foam of the berry-red wine I will bathe and brighten my laughter.

以红果酒的泡沫来洗澡,使我欢笑发出光辉。

The badge of the civil and staid I'll tear into shreds for the nonce.

我暂且撕裂温恭和认真的标志。

I'll take the holy vow to be worthless, to be drunken and go to the dogs.

我将发誓作一个无用的人,喝得烂醉而堕落灭亡下去。

43

No, my friends, I shall never be an ascetic, whatever you may say.

不,我的朋友,我永不会做一个苦行者,随便你怎么说。

I shall never be an ascetic if she does not take the vow with me.

我将永不做一个苦行者,假如她不和我一同受戒。

It is my firm resolve that if I cannot find a shady shelter and a companion for my penance, I shall never turn ascetic.

这是我坚定的决心,如果我找不到一个荫凉的住处和一个忏悔的伴侣,我将永远不会变成一个苦行者。

No, my friends, I shall never leave my hearth and home, and retire into the forest solitude, if rings no merry laughter in its echoing shade and if the end of no saffron mantle flutters in the wind; if its silence is not deepened by soft whispers.

不,我的朋友,我将永不离开我的炉火与家庭,去退隐到深林里面;如果在林荫中没有欢笑的回响;如果没有郁金色的衣裙在风中飘扬;如果它的幽静不因有轻柔的微语而加深。

I shall never be an ascetic.

我将永不会做一个苦行者。

44

Reverend sir, forgive this pair of sinners.

尊敬的长者,饶恕这一对罪人吧。

Spring winds to-day are blowing in wild eddies, driving dust and dead leaves away, and with them your lessons are all lost.

今天春风猖狂地吹起旋舞,把尘土和枯叶都扫走了,你的功课也随着一起丢掉了。

Do not say, father, that life is a vanity.

师父,不要说生命是虚空的。

For me have made truce with death for once, and only for a few fragrant hours we two have been made immortal.

因为我们和死亡订下一次和约,在一段温馨的时间中,我俩变成不朽。

Even if the king's army came and fiercely fell upon us we should sadly shake our heads and say, Brothers, you are disturbing us. If you must have this noisy game, go and clatter your arms elsewhere.

即使是国王的军队凶猛地前来追捕,我们将忧愁地摇头说,弟兄们,你们扰乱了我们了。如果你们必须做这个吵闹的游戏,到别处去敲击你们的武器吧。

Since only for a few fleeting moments we have been made immortal.

因为我们刚在这片刻飞逝的时光中变成不朽。

If friendly people came and flocked around us, we should humbly bow to them and say, This extravagant good fortune is an embarrassment to us. Room is scare in the infinite sky where we dwell. For in the springtime flowers come in crowds, and the busy wings of bees jostle each other. Our little heaven, where dwell only we two immortals, is too absurdly narrow.

如果亲切的人们来把我们围起,我们将恭敬地向他们鞠躬说,这个荣幸使我们惭愧。在我们居住的无限天空之中,没有多少隙地。因为在春天繁花盛开,蜜蜂的忙碌的翅翼也彼此摩挤。只住着我们两个仙人的小天堂,是狭小得太可笑了。

46

To the guests that must go bid God's speed and brush away all traces of their steps.

对那些定要离开的客人们,求神帮他们快走,并且扫掉他们所有的足迹。

Take to your bosom with a smile what is easy and simple and near.

把舒服的、单纯的、亲近的微笑着一起抱在你的怀里。

To-day is the festival of phantoms that know not when they die.

今天是幻影的节日,他们不知道自己的死期。

Let your laughter be but a meaningless mirth like twinkles of light on the ripples.

让你的笑声只作为无意义的欢乐,像浪花上的闪光。

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.

让你的生命像露珠在叶尖一样,在时间的边缘上轻轻跳舞。

Strike in chords from your harp fitful momentary rhythms.

在你的琴弦上弹出无定的暂时的音调吧。

46

You left me and went on your way.

你离开我自己走了。

I thought I should mourn for you and set your solitary image in my heart wrought in a golden song.

我想我将为你忧伤,还将用金色的诗歌铸成你孤寂的形象,供养在我的心里。

But ah, my evil fortune, time is short.

但是,我的运气多坏,时间是短促的。

Youth wanes year after year; the spring days are fugitive; the frail flowers die for nothing, and the wise man warns me that life is but a dewdrop on the lotus leaf.

青春一年一年地消逝;春日是暂时的;柔弱的花朵无意义地调谢,聪明人警告我说,生命只是一颗荷叶上的露珠。

Should I neglect all this to gaze after one who has turned her back on me?

我可以不管这些,只凝望着背弃我的那个人么?

That should be rude and foolish, for time is short.

这会是无益的,愚蠢的,因为时间是太短暂了。

Then, come, my rainy nights with pattering feet; smile, my golden autumn; come, careless April, scattering your kisses abroad.

那么,来吧,我的雨夜的脚步声;微笑吧,我的金色的秋天;来吧,无虑无忧的四月,散掷着你的亲吻。

You come, and you, and you also!

你来吧,还有你,也有你!

My loves, you know we are mortals. Is it wise to break one's heart for the one who takes her heart away? For time is short.

我的情人们,你知道我们都是凡人。为一个取回她的心的人而心碎,是件聪明的事情么?因为时间是短暂的。

It is sweet to sit in a corner to muse and write in rhymes that you are all my world.

坐在屋角凝思,把我的世界中的你们都写在韵律里,是甜柔的。

It is heroic to hug one's sorrow and determine not to be consoled.

把自己的忧伤抱紧,决不受人安慰,是英勇的。

But a fresh face peeps across my door and raises its eyes to my eyes.

但是一个新的面庞,在我门外偷窥,抬起眼来看我的眼睛。

I cannot but wipe away my tears and change the tune of my song.

我只能试去眼泪,更改我歌曲的腔调。

For time is short.

因为时间是短暂的。

47

If you would have it so, I will end my singing.

如果你要这样,我就停了歌唱。

If it sets your heart aflutter, I will take away my eyes from your face.

如果它使你心震颤,我就把眼光从你脸上挪开。

If it suddenly startles you in your walk, I will step aside and take another path.

如果使你在行走时忽然惊跃,我就躲开另走别路。

If it confuses you in your flower-weaving, I will shun your lonely garden.

如果在你编串花环时,使你烦乱,我就避开你寂寞的花园。

If it makes the water wanton and wild, I will not row my boat by your bank.

如果我使水花飞溅,我就不在你的河边划船。

48

Free me from the bonds of your sweetness, my love! No more of this wine of kisses.

把我从你甜柔的枷束中放出来吧,我爱,不要再斟上亲吻的酒。

This mist of heavy incense stifles my heart.

香烟的浓雾窒塞了我的心。

Open the doors, make room for the morning light.

开起门来,让晨光进入吧!

I am lost in you, wrapped in the folds of your caresses

我消失在你里面,包缠在你爱抚的折痕之中。

Free me from your spells, and give me back the manhood to offer you my freed heart.

把我从你的诱惑中放出来吧,把男子气概交还我,好让我把得到自由的心贡献给你。

49

I hold her hands and press her to my breast.

我握住她的手把她抱紧在胸前。

I try to fill my arms with her loveliness, to plunder her sweet smile with kisses, to drink her dark glances with my eyes.

我想以她的爱娇来填满我的怀抱,用亲吻来偷劫她的甜笑,用我的眼睛来吸饮她的深黑的一瞥。

Ah, but, where is it? Who can strain the blue from the sky?

呵,但是,它在哪里呢?谁能从天空滤出蔚蓝呢?

I try to grasp the beauty, it eludes me, leaving only the body in my hands.

我想去把握美;它躲开我,只有躯体留在我的手里。

目录
设置
设置
阅读主题
字体风格
雅黑 宋体 楷书 卡通
字体大小
适中 偏大 超大
保存设置
恢复默认
手机
手机阅读
扫码获取链接,使用浏览器打开
书架同步,随时随地,手机阅读
首 页 < 上一章 章节列表 下一章 > 尾 页