饭饭TXT > 海外名作 > 《园丁集The Gardener》作者:[印]泰戈尔【完结】 > 园丁集(中英对照).txt

第 5 页

作者:印-泰戈尔 当前章节:14773 字 更新时间:2026-6-22 19:55

Baffled and weary I come back.

失望而困乏地,我回来了。

How can the body touch the flower which only the spirit may touch?

躯体哪能触到那只有精神才能触到的花朵呢?

50

Love, my heart longs day and night for the meeting with you——for the meeting that is like all-devouring death.

爱,我的心日夜想望和你相见——那像吞灭一切的死亡一样的会见。

Sweep me away like a storm; take everything I have; break open my sleep and plunder my dreams. Rob me of my world.

像一阵风暴把我卷走;把我的一切都拿去;劈开我的睡眠抢走我的梦。剥夺了我的世界。

In that devastation, in the utter nakedness of spirit, let us become one in beauty.

在这毁灭里,在精神的全部赤露里,让我们在美中合一吧。

Alas for my vain desire! Where is this hope for union except in thee, my God?

我的空想是可怜的!除了在你里面,哪有这合一的希望呢,我的神?

51

Then finish the last song and let us leave.

那么唱完最后一支歌就让我们走吧。

Forget this night when the night is no more.

当这夜过完就把这夜完掉。

Whom do I try to clasp in my arms? Dreams can never be made captive.

我想把谁紧抱在臂里呢?梦是永不会被捉住的。

My eager hands press emptiness to my heart and it bruises my breast.

我渴望的双手把"空虚"紧压在我心上,压碎了我的胸膛。

52

Why did the lamp go out?

灯为什么熄了呢?

I shaded it with my cloak to save it from the wind, that is why the lamp went out.

我用斗篷遮住它怕它被风吹灭,因此灯熄了。

Why did the flower fade?

花为什么谢了呢?

I pressed it to my heart with anxious love, that is why the flower faded.

我的热恋的爱把它紧压在我的心上,因此花谢了。

Why did the stream dry up?

泉为什么干了呢?

I put a dam across it to have it for my use, that is why the stream dried up.

我盖起一道堤把它拦起给我使用,因此泉干了。

Why did the harp-string break?

琴弦为什么断了呢?

I tried to force a note that was beyond its power, that is why the harp-string is broken.

我强弹一个它力不能胜的音节,因此琴弦断了。

53

Why do you put me to shame with a look?

为什么盯着我使我羞愧呢?

I have not come as a beggar.

我不是来求乞的。

Only for a passing hour I stood at the end of your courtyard outside the garden hedge.

只为要消磨时光,我才来站在你院边的篱外。

Why do you put me to shame with a look?

为什么盯着我使我羞愧呢?

Not a rose did I gather from your garden, not a fruit did I pluck.

我没有从你园里采走一朵玫瑰,没有摘下一颗果子。

I humbly took my shelter under the wayside shade where every strange traveller may stand.

我谦卑地在任何生客都可站立的路边棚下,找个荫蔽。

Not a rose did I pluck.

我没有采走一朵玫瑰。

Yes, my feet were tried, and the shower of rain came down.

是的,我的脚疲乏了,骤雨又落了下来。

The winds cried out among the swaying bamboo branches.

风在摇曳的竹林中呼叫。

The clouds ran across the sky as though in the flight from defeat.

云阵像败退似地跑过天空。

My feet were tried.

我的脚疲乏了。

I know not what you thought of me or for whom you were waiting at your door.

我不知道你怎样看待我,或是你在门口等什么人。

Flashes of lighting dazzled your watching eyes.

闪电昏眩了你看望的目光。

How could I know that you could see me where I stood in the dark?

我怎能知道你会看到站在黑暗中的我呢?

I know not what you thought of me.

我不知道你怎样看待我。

The day is ended, and the rain has ceased for a moment.

白日过尽,雨势暂停。

I leave the shadow of the tree at the end of your garden and this seat on the grass.

我离开你园畔的树荫和草地上的座位。

It has darkened; shut your door; I go my way.

日光已暗;关上你的门户吧;我走我的路。

The day is ended.

白日过尽了。

54

Where do you hurry with your basket this late evening when the marketing is over?

市集已过,你在夜晚急急地提着篮子要到哪里去呢?

They all have come home with their burdens; the moon peeps from above the village trees.

他们都挑着担子回家去了;月亮从村树隙中下窥。

The echoes of the voices calling for the ferry run across the dark water to the distant swamp where wild ducks sleep.

唤船的回声从深黑的水上传到远处野鸭睡眠的泽沼。

Where do you hurry with your basket when the marketing is over?

在市集已过的时候,你提着篮子急忙地要到哪里去呢?

Sleep has laid her finger upon the eyes of the earth.

睡眠把她的手指按在大地的双眼上。

The nests of the crows have become silent, and the murmurs of the bamboo leaves are silent.

鸦巢已静,竹叶的微语也已沉默。

The laborers home from their fields spread their mats in the courtyards.

劳动的人们从田间归来,把席子展铺在院子里。

Where do you hurry with your basket when the marketing is over?

在市集已过的时候,你提着篮子急忙地要到哪里去呢?

55

It was mid-day when you went away.

正午的时候你走了。

The sun was strong in the sky.

烈日当空。

I had done my work and sat alone on my balcony when you went away.

当你走的时候,我已做完了工作,坐在凉台上。

Fitful gusts came winnowing through the smells of many distant fields.

不定的风吹来,含带着许多远野的香气。

The doves cooed tireless in the shade, and a bee strayed in my room humming the news of many distant fields.

鸽子在树荫中不停地叫唤,一只蜜蜂在我屋里飞着,嗡出许多远野的消息。

The village slept in the noonday heat. The road lay deserted.

村庄在午热中入睡了。路上无人。

In sudden fits the rustling of the leaves rose and died.

树叶的声音时起时息。

I gazed at the sky and wove in the blue the letters of a name I had known, while the village slept in the noonday heat.

我凝望天空,把一个我知道的人的名字织在蔚蓝里,当村庄在午热中入睡的时候。

I had forgotten to braid my hair. The languid breeze played with it upon my neck.

我忘记把头发编起。困倦的风在我颊上和它嬉戏。

The river ran unruffled under the shady bank.

河水在荫岸下平静地流着。

The lazy white clouds did not move.

懒散的白云动也不动。

I had forgotten to braid my hair.

我忘了编起我的头发。

It was mid-day when you went away.

正午的时候你走了。

The dust of the road was hot and the fields panting.

路上尘土灼热,田野在喘息。

The doves cooed among the dense leaves.

鸽子在密叶中呼唤。

I was alone in my balcony when you went away.

我独坐在凉台上,当你走的时候。

56

I was one among many women busy with the obscure daily tasks of the household.

我是妇女中为平庸的日常家务而忙碌的一个。

Why did you single me out and bring me away from the cool shelter of our common life?

你为什么把我挑选出来,把我从日常生活的凉荫中带出来?

Love unexpressed is sacred. It shines like gems in the gloom of the hidden heart. In the light of the curious day it looks pitifully dark.

没有表现出来的爱是神圣的。它像宝石般在隐藏的心的朦胧里放光。在奇异的日光中,它显得可怜地晦暗。

Ah, you broke through the cover of my heart and dragged my trembling love into the open place, destroying for ever the shady corner where it hid its nest.

呵,你打碎我心的盖子,把我颤栗的爱情拖到空旷的地方,把那阴暗的藏我心巢的一角永远破坏了。

The other women are the same as ever.

别的女人和从前一样。

No one has peeped into their inmost being, and they themselves know not their own secret.

没有一个人窥探到自己的最深处,她们不知道自己的秘密。

Lightly they smile, and weep, chatter, and work. Daily they go to the temple, light their lamps, and fetch water from the river.

她们轻快地微笑,哭泣,谈话,工作。她们每天到庙里去,点上她们的灯,还到河中取水。

I hope my love would be saved from the shivering shame of the shelterless, but you turn your face away.

我希望能从无遮拦的颤羞中把我的爱情救出,但是你掉头不顾。

Yes, your path lies open before you, but you have cut off my return, and left me stripped naked before the world with its lidless eyes staring night and day.

是的,你的前途是远大的,但是你把我的归路切断了,让我在世界的无睫毛的眼睛日夜瞪视之下赤裸着。

57

I plucked your flower, O world!

我采了你的花,呵,世界!

I pressed it to my heart and the thorn pricked.

我把它压在胸前,花刺伤了我。

When the day waned and it darkened, I found that the flower had faded, but the pain remained.

日光渐暗,我发现花儿凋谢了,痛苦却存留着。

More flowers will come to you with perfume and pride, O world!

许多有香有色的花又将来到你这里,呵,世界!

But my time for flower-gathering is over, and through the dark night I have not my rose, only the pain remains.

但是我采花的时代过去了,黑夜悠悠,我没有了玫瑰,只有痛苦存留着。

58

One morning in the flower garden a blind girl came to offer me a flower chain in the cover of a lotus leaf.

有一天早晨,一个盲女来献给我一串盖在荷叶下的花环。

I put it round my neck, and tears came to my eyes.

我把它挂在颈上,泪水涌上我的眼睛。

I kissed her and said, "You are blind even as the flowers are.

我吻了它,说:"你和花朵一样地盲目。"

"You yourself know not how beautiful is your gift."

"你自己不知道你的礼物是多么美丽。"

59

O woman, you are not merely the handiwork of God, but also of men; these are ever endowing you with beauty from their hearts.

呵,女人,你不但是神的,而且是人的手工艺品;他们永远从心里用美来打扮你。

Poets are weaving for you a web with threads of golden imagery; painters are giving your form ever new immortality.

诗人用比喻的金线替你织网,画家们给你的身形以永新的不朽。

The sea gives its pearls, the mines their gold, the summer gardens their flowers to deck you, to cover you, to make you more precious.

海献上珍珠,矿献上金子,夏日的花园献上花朵来装扮你,覆盖你,使你更加美妙。

The desire of men's hearts has shed its glory over your youth.

人类心中的愿望,在你的青春上洒上光荣……

You are one half woman and one half dream.

你一半是女人,一半是梦。

60

Amidst the rush and roar of life, O Beauty, carved in stone, you stand mute and still, alone and aloof.

在生命奔腾怒吼的中流,呵,石头雕或的"美",你冷静无言,独自超绝地站立着。

Great Time sits enamoured at your feet and murmurs:

"伟大的时间"依恋地坐在你脚边低语说:

"Speak, speak to me, my love; speak, my bride!"

"说话吧,对我说话吧,我爱,说话吧,我的新娘!"

But your speech is shut up in stone, O Immovable Beauty!

但是你的话被石头关住了,呵,"不动的美"!

61

Peace, my heart, let the time for the parting be sweet.

安静吧,我的心,让别离的时间甜柔吧。

Let it not be a death but completeness.

让它不是个死亡,而是圆满。

Let love melt into memory and pain into songs.

让爱恋融入记忆,痛苦融入诗歌吧。

Let the flight through the sky end in the folding of the wings over the nest.

让穿越天空的飞翔在巢上敛翼中终止。

Let the last touch of your hands be gentle like the flower of the night.

让你双手的最后的接触,像夜中的花朵一样温柔。

Stand still, O Beautiful End, for a moment, and say your last words in silence.

站住一会吧,呵,"美丽的结局",用沉默说出最后的话语吧。

I bow you and hold up my lamp to light you on your way.

我向你鞠躬,举起我的灯来照亮你的归途。

62

In the dusky path of a dream I went to seek the love who was mine in a former life.

在梦境的朦胧小路上,我去寻找我前生的爱。

Her house stood at the end of a desolate street.

她的房子是在冷静的街尾。

In the evening breeze her pet peacock sat drowsing on its perch, and the pigeons were silent in their corner.

在晚风中,她爱养的孔雀在架上昏睡,鸽子在自己的角落里沉默着。

She set her lamp down by the portal and stood before me.

她把灯放在门边,站在我面前。

She raised her large eyes to my face and mutely asked, "Are you well, my friend?"

她抬起一双大眼望着我的脸,无言地问道:"你好么,我的朋友?"

I tried to answer, but our language had been lost and forgotten.

我想回答,但是我们的语言迷失而又忘却了。

I thought and thought; our names would not come to my mind.

我想来想去,怎么也想不起我们叫什么名字。

Tears shone in her eyes. She held up her right hand to me. I took it and stood silent.

眼泪在她眼中闪光,她向我伸出右手。我握住她的手静默地站着。

Our lamp had flickered in the evening breeze and died.

我们的灯在晚风中颤摇着熄灭了。

63

Traveller, must you go?

行路人,你必须走么?

The night is still and the darkness swoons upon the forest.

夜是静寂的,黑暗在树林上昏睡。

The lamps are bright in our balcony, the flowers all fresh, and the youthful eyes still awake.

我们的凉台上灯火辉煌,繁花鲜美,青春的眼睛还清醒着。

Is the time for your parting come?

你离开的时间到了么?

Traveller, must you go?

行路人,你必须走么?

We have not bound your feet with our entreating arms.

我们不曾用恳求的手臂来抱住你的双足。

Your doors are open. Your horse stands saddled at the gate.

你的门开着。你的立在门外的马,也已上了鞍鞯。

If we have tried to bar your passage it was but with our songs.

如果我们想拦住你的去路,也只是用我们的歌曲。

Did we ever try to hold you back it was but with our eyes.

如果我们曾想挽留你,也只用我们的眼睛。

Traveller, we are helpless to keep you. We have only our tears.

行路人,我们没有希望留住你,我们只有眼泪。

What quenchless fire glows in your eyes?

在你眼里发光的是什么样的不灭之火?

What restless fever runs in your blood?

在你血管中奔流的是什么样的不宁的热力?

What call from the dark urges you?

从黑暗中有什么召唤在引动你?

What awful incantation have you read among the stars in the sky, that with a sealed secret message the night entered your heart, silent and strange?

你从天上的星星中,念到什么可怕的咒语,就是黑夜沉默而异样地走进你心中时带来的那个密封的秘密的消息?

If you do not care for merry meetings, if you must have peace, weary heart, we shall put our lamps out and silence our harps.

如果你不喜欢那热闹的集会,如果你需要安静,困乏的心呵,我们就吹灭灯火,停止琴声。

We shall sit still in the dark in the rustle of leaves, and the tired moon will shed pale rays on your window.

我们将在风叶声中静坐在黑暗里,倦乏的月亮将在你窗上洒上苍白的光辉。

O traveller, what sleepless spirit has touched you from the heart of the midnight?

呵,行路上,是什么不眠的精灵从中夜的心中和你接触了呢?

64

I spent my day on the scorching hot dust of the road.

我在大路灼热的尘土上消磨了一天。

Now, in the cool of the evening, I knock at the door of the inn. It is deserted and in ruins.

现在,在晚凉中我敲着一座小庙的门。这庙已经荒废倒塌了。

A grim ashath tree spreads its hungry clutching roots through the gaping fissures of the walks.

一棵愁苦的菩提树,从破墙的裂缝里伸展出饥饿的爪根。

Days have been when wayfarers came here to wash their weary feet.

从前曾有过路人到这里来洗疲乏的脚。

They spread their mats in the courtyard in the dim light of the early moon, and sat and talked of strange lands.

他们在新月的微光中在院里摊开席子,坐着谈论异地的风光。

They woke refreshed in the morning when birds made them glad, and friendly flowers nodded their heats at them from the wayside.

早起他们精神恢复了,鸟声使他们欢悦,友爱的花儿在道边向他们点首。

But no lighted lamp awaited me when I came here.

但是当我来的时候没有灯在等待我。

The black smudges of smoke left by many a forgotten evening lamp stare, like blind eyes, from the wall.

只有残留的灯烟熏的黑迹,像盲人的眼睛,从墙上瞪视着我。

Fireflies flit in the bush near the dried-up pond, and bamboo branches fling their shadows on the grass-grown path.

萤虫在涸池边的草里闪烁,竹影在荒芜的小径上摇曳。

I am the guest of no one at the end of my day.

我在一天之末做了没有主人的客人。

The long night is before me, and I am tired.

在我面前的是漫漫的长夜,我疲倦了。

65

Is that your call again?

又是你呼唤我么?

The evening has come. Weariness clings round me like the arms of entreating love.

夜来到了,困乏像爱的恳求用双臂围抱住我。

Do you call me?

你叫我了么?

I had given all my day to you, cruel mistress, must you also rob me of my night?

我已把整天的工夫给了你,残忍的主妇,你还定要掠夺我的夜晚么?

Somewhere there is an end to everything, and the loneness of the dark is one's own.

万事都有个终结,黑暗的静寂是个人独有的。

Must your voice cut through it and smite me?

你的声音定要穿透黑暗来刺击我么?

Has the evening no music of sleep at your gate?

难道你门前的夜晚没有音乐和睡眠么?

Do the silent-winged stars never climb the sky above your pitiless tower?

难道那翅翼不响的星辰,从来不攀登你的不仁之塔的上空么?

Do the flowers never drop on the dust in soft death in your garden?

难道你园中的花朵,永不在绵软的死亡中堕地么?

Must you call me, you unquiet one?

你定要叫我么,你这不安静的人?

Then let the sad eyes of love vainly watch and weep.

目录
设置
设置
阅读主题
字体风格
雅黑 宋体 楷书 卡通
字体大小
适中 偏大 超大
保存设置
恢复默认
手机
手机阅读
扫码获取链接,使用浏览器打开
书架同步,随时随地,手机阅读
首 页 < 上一章 章节列表 下一章 > 尾 页