饭饭TXT > 学习管理 > 《张道真实用英语语法》作者:张道真【完结】 > 张道真实用英语语法.txt

VII Go to Bristol 第七章 去布里斯托尔途中.16

作者:张道真 当前章节:15367 字 更新时间:2026-6-22 20:15

VII Go to Bristol 第七章 去布里斯托尔途中.16

If he's not here, he's about somewhere. 如果他不在这儿,那就在附近什么地方。

She had been away on a long trip. 她出远门去了。

All right, I'll be down immediately. 好的,我马上就下楼来。

The television was still on. 电视还开着。

Summer is over—it is autumn. 夏天已经过去——现在是秋天了。

When will you be through (with your work)? 你什么时候(事情)可以干完?

He was up all night with a sick child. 他照顾生病的孩子一夜没睡。

When will you be back? 你什么时候回来?

2) 还有少数其他系动词也可以这样用:

I feel down today. 我今天心情不佳。

He looks awfully down. 他看来情绪很低落。

You'd better keep away from that chap. 你最好离那个家伙远点。

I don't feel up to the long journey. 我感到身体不适,不能胜任这次长途旅行。

13.5.4 主语+系动词+介词短语(27)

1) 大部分介词都可引导短语作表语:

I want to consult you. It's about my boy. 我来向你请教,是关于我儿子的事。

The bus stop is just across the road. 公共汽车站就在马路对面。

You know what you are after. 你知道你在寻求什么。

It's against your conscience, but you still want to do it. 这是违背你良心的,但你还是想这样做。

Paris is among the largest cities in the world. 巴黎是全世界最大的城市之一。

I was at a loss what to say. 我不知道说什么好。

The darkest hour is before the dawn. 黎明之前最黑暗。

They are fully behind his welfare policy. 他们完全支持他的福利政策。

She was beside herself with joy. 她高兴得要命。

The temperature is between 80°and 90° 气温在八九十度之间。

To do this was quite beyond my power. 这样的事我远远做不到。

Whom is that book by? 这本书是谁写的?

She was for abandoning the project. 她主张放弃这项工程。

This music is from one of Mozart's operas. 这段音乐取自莫扎特的一部歌剧。

These mobile phones are in great demand. 这种手机需求量很大。

I had only been inside their house once. 我只进过他们家一次。

She is like a narcissus trembling in the wind. 她像一株在风中颤动的水仙花。

Cork Street was near Bond Street. 考克街在邦得街附近。

He was of an excitable temperature. 他是一种好激动的性格。

She is off smoking. 她戒烟了。

He is out of work at present. 他眼下失业了。

The workers were on strike. 工人们在罢工。

They had been through a lot of hardships. 他们受过很多苦。

Have you ever been to Beijing? 你到过北京吗?

All the children were under seven. 所有这些孩子都不到七岁。

Anna was with child again now. 安娜现在又怀孕了。

The task is not within my powers. 这项任务非我能力所及。

His face was without expression. 他脸上毫无表情。

2) 一些其他系动词也可跟这种表语:

They remained in sad poverty. 他们仍过着凄楚贫困的日子。

He seemed on the watch to control himself. 他似乎很注意控制自己。

Keep off the grass. 请勿践踏草地。

He looked in splendid health. 他看起来身体很棒。

It has grown out of date. 这已变得过时了。

They ran out of petrol. 他们的汽油用完了。

I wish I could get out of debt. 但愿我能偿清债务。

3) 这类结构后可能还跟另一个介词短语:

He is in charge of the trade union work. 他负责工会工作。

He is in command of the First Division. 他指挥第一师。

These ballads are of special interest to us. 对这些歌谣我们特别感兴趣。

His actions are not in keeping with his promises. 他的行为与他的诺言不相符。

We are always on the lookout for new business opportunities. 我们一直在寻找新的商机。

The students are in favour of reform. 学生们赞同改革。

This book may be of use to you. 这本书可能对你有用。

We were completely at a loss for an answer. 我们全然不知该如何回答。

He was on the point of leaving when the phone rang. 他正要走时电话铃响了。

We must get in touch with her. 我们必须和她取得联系。

Soon he fell in love with her. 不久他爱上了她。

He seemed out of touch with the outside world. 他似乎和外界失去了联系。

13.5.5 主语+系动词+不定式(28)

1) 有时可用不定式作表语:

His plan is to keep the affair secret. 他的计划是将此事保密。

Their aim was to modernize their agriculture. 他们的目标是实现农业现代化。

Your job is to make sure that the work is finished on time. 你的任务是保证按时完成这项工作。

My duty is to get you away, to save you. 我的职责是带你离开,把你救出来。

His purpose was to become a surgeon. 他的目标是当一名外科医生。

Their goal was to eradicate malaria. 他们的目标是消灭疟疾。

The main objective of this policy is to reduce unemployment. 这一政策的主要目的是减少失业。

My ambition is to become a pilot. 我的志愿是当一名飞行员。

My only wish is to do what's best for you. 我唯一的愿望是为你做到最好。

The problem was to find the right place quickly. 问题是要迅速找到合适的地点。

My advice to you is to speak the truth. 我对你的忠告是讲真话。

The only thing now is to take a taxi. 目前唯一的办法是叫一辆出租车。

2) 不定式有时需用被动形式:

These books are to be read for pleasure. 这些书是供看着玩的。

Surely she was to be trusted. 她无疑是值得信赖的。

This house is to be let. 这所房子供出租。

13.5.6 主语+系动词+动名词(29)

1) 系动词be后面有时跟动名词作表语:

Her hobby is collecting stamps. 她的爱好是集邮。

His occupation was teaching. 他的职业是教书。

My job is repairing cars. 我的工作是修车。

Her main interest is playing tennis. 她的主要兴趣是打网球。

My favourite sport is swimming. 我最喜欢的运动是游泳。

Our problem is not having sufficient fund. 我们的问题是资金不足。

His weakness is not having enough confidence in himself. 他的弱点是自信心不足。

Their favourite pastime is playing chess. 他们最喜欢的消遣是下棋。

2) 有时主语和表语都是动名词:

Buying such a white elephant is simply wasting money. 买这样大而无用的东西简直就是浪费金钱。

Talking to him is talking to a wall. 和他谈话是白费劲。

Doing that would be playing with fire. 那样做等于玩火。

13.5.7 主语+系动词+从句

1) 最常见的这类表语是that引导的从句(that有时省略)(30):

Their first idea was that he had hidden it. 他们首先想到的是他把它藏起来了。

My opinion is that the plan won't work. 我的意见是这个计划行不通。

His view is that it's better not to increase investments. 他的看法是最好别增加投资。

The fact is, I never liked him. 事实是我从来没喜欢过他。

His only fault is that he lacks ambition. 他唯一的缺点是缺乏雄心壮志。

The reason for my lateness is that I missed my bus. 我迟到的原因是没赶上公共汽车。

The only trouble is the plan won't work. 唯一的问题是这计划行不通。

What surprised me was that he spoke English so well. 使我吃惊的是他英语讲得这么好。

2) 有些作表语的从句由连接代词(副词)引导(31):

The question is what you want to do. 问题是你想干什么。

The problem is who can be put in charge of the job. 问题是谁能来负责此事。

What I want to know is how we can solve the fuel problem. 我想知道的是我们怎样才能解决燃料问题。

That's where we differ. 这就是我们的分歧所在。

That's how I look at it. 这就是我的看法。

That's why I came round. 这就是我来的原因。

The coat is where you left it. 大衣还在你原来放的地方。

April is when the lilacs bloom. 四月是丁香花开的季节。

3) 从句有的由关系代词型的what引导(32):

That's what I wish to do. 这就是我想做的事。

That's what I'm here for. 我来的目的就是这个。

Power is what they are after. 他们所追求的就是权力。

Times aren't what they were. 时代不同了。

13.5.8 主语+系动词+形容词+介词短语(33)

1) 这种结构是非常多的,“be+形容词+介词”已成为习惯用语,有时相当于一个及物动词:

She was afraid of (=feared) snakes. 她怕蛇。

We are short of (=lack) funds. 我们缺乏资金。

She is fond of this country. 她喜欢这个国家。

I was frightened of rats then. 那时候我很怕老鼠。

He was very conscious of his shortcomings. 他很清楚自己的缺点。

She was delighted with the boat. 她非常喜欢那条小船。

We are very pleased with our new house. 我们很喜欢自己的新屋。

I have always been interested in Chinese history. 我一向对中国历史很有兴趣。

I'm rather proud of this place. 为这地方我感到相当骄傲。

I'm tired of living abroad. 我在国外居住已经厌倦了。

I was sick of lying in bed. 我已经在床上躺烦了。

She was disappointed with him (at the outcome of the talks). 她对他(谈判结果)感到失望。

We were confident of his ability (in the future). 我们对他的能力(未来)有信心。

He was worried about you. 他为你担心。

I'm ignorant of mathematics (what happened). 我对数学(发生的事)一无所知。

He's well qualified for the job. 他完全有条件做这工作。

I'm not equal to the position. 我不胜任这职位。

I don't believe he is capable of winning it. 我不相信他能获胜。

I'm surprised (amazed) at his attitude. 我对他的态度感到惊讶。

These plans are subject to their approval. 这些计划有待他们批准。

2) 一些其他系动词也可用于这类结构:

She looked astonished at the news. 听到这消息她显得很吃惊。

I've got (become) used to a vegetarian diet (hard work). 我已习惯于吃素食(干苦活)。

He feels confident of passing the examination. 他有信心通过考试。

I've grown accustomed to traveling. 我已经习惯于旅行了。

They seem delighted with the result. 他们似乎对结果很满意。

We're running short of funds. 我们的资金不多了。

She remained ignorant of what had happened. 她对发生的事仍然一无所知。

He proved quite equal to the task. 他证明完全胜任这项工作。

Your exam results fell short of our expectations. 你的考试成绩没达到我们的期望。

13.5.9 主语+系动词+形容词+不定式(34)

I'm glad to have the opportanity of talking to you. 我很高兴有机会和你交谈。

I was very sorry to hear that you were ill. 听说你病了我很难过。

I'm happy to meet you. 我很高兴见到你。

I'm anxious to visit your country. 我亟盼访问贵国。

She was eager to see her people. 她急于见到她的家人。

He was keen to visit China. 他很想访问中国。

He's always ready to help people. 他总是乐于助人。

We're proud to be Chinese citizens. 作为中国公民我们感到骄傲。

They're all willing to help. 他们都愿意帮忙。

I'm inclined to think she's right. 我倾向于认为她是对的。

We are determined to follow his example. 我们决心仿效他的榜样。

They are prepared to make concessions. 他们准备作出让步。

She was afraid to tell you. 她害怕告诉你。

He was reluctant to go with them. 他不愿意和他们一道走。

Glass is liable to break. 玻璃很容易破碎。

He is content to live a simple life. 他甘愿过简朴的生活。

13.5.10 主语+系动词+形容词+从句

1) 这类结构用that引导的从句时较多(that有时省略)(35):

I'm afraid there is some sort of misunderstanding. 恐怕有误会的地方。

I'm awfully sorry that this has occurred. 发生了这样的事我非常抱歉。

I'm glad you have come. 我很高兴你来了。

I'm sure he meant well. 我肯定他是好意。

I am certain (positive) that he had seen me. 我肯定他看见了我。

He's confident that he will pass the exam. 他有信心能通过考试。

I'm convinced that he knew the truth. 我相信他知道事实真相。

You must be aware that what you are doing is illegal. 你一定知道你的行为是非法的。

He was delighted that we were successful in our experiment. 他很高兴我们的试验成功了。

I'm disappointed that you cannot come. 你不能来我很失望。

I'm surprised (astonished) he didn't come. 他没来我很吃惊。

He was thankful that the journey was over. 旅行结束了他很欣慰。

They were hopeful that they will win the championship. 他们对夺冠抱有希望。

He suddenly became conscious that someone was looking at him. 他突然意识到有人在看他。

The team feels proud that it has won every match this year. 该队为今年比赛获得全胜而感到骄傲。

I'm irritated that he is so stubborn. 他那样固执真让我生气。

2) 有时从句由连接代(副)词引导(36):

We're not clear yet what they're up to. 我们还不清楚他们想干什么。

I was not sure what I ought to do. 我不能肯定我该做什么。

He's doubtful whether he can afford it. 他怀疑他能否出得起这笔钱。

She was not aware (of) how much her husband earned. 她不清楚她丈夫挣多少钱。

I am not certain who he is. 我不能肯定他是谁。

I'm worried (about) how the money was spent. 我烦恼的是这钱是怎么花掉的。

They were uncertain whether they could find time to do it. 他们不能肯定是否能找到时间做这事。

I'm undecided whether to go to France or Italy for my holidays. 我还没决定是去法国还是去意大利度假。

13.6 第五类句型——主语+及物动词+复合宾语

13.6.1 主语+及物动词+宾语+形容词(作补语)(37)

1) 这类句子很多,最常用的跟复合宾语的动词大致有下面这些(见黑体部分):

He found his new job rather boring. 他发现他的新工作相当乏味。

Sit down and make yourself comfortable. 坐下来,不要拘束。

He got his clothes wet. 他把衣服弄湿了。

She painted the walls light blue. 她把墙漆成了淡蓝色。

Good food keeps you healthy. 良好的饮食使人健康。

I thought her so nice and sincere. 我认为她为人很好,很诚恳。

I felt myself unworthy of the praise. 我感到自己不配受这样的赞扬。

Do you consider him trustworthy? 你认为他值得信赖吗?

She dyed her hair brown. 她把头发染成了棕色。

Finally they set him free. 最后他们释放了他。

The accused man declared himself innocent. 被告宣称自己是无辜的。

They didn't believe such a thing possible. 他们认为这样的事不可能。

I like my tea very hot (strong). 我喜欢喝热(浓)茶。

She pushed the door open. 她把门推开了。

He beat her black and blue. 他打得她青一块紫一块。

The noise was driving him mad (crazy). 这声音使他受不了。

Facts have proved these worries groundless. 事实证明这些忧虑是没有根据的。

I wish you well. 我希望你身体健康。

He counted himself fortunate to have such an opportunity. 他认为自己有这样的机会很幸运。

They may hold you responsible for the consequence. 他们可能要你对后果负责。

2) 有时可用it 作形式上的宾语,而把真正的宾语放后面去,构成复合宾语的可以是不定式(a)或是从句(b):

a. I felt it necessary to make everything clear. 我感到有必要说清楚一切。

They judged it better to put the meeting off. 他们认为把会议延期更好一些。

I don't think it possible to finish everything in one week. 我认为一周内完成一切不可能。

He found it difficult to satisfy their needs. 他发现要满足他们的需要不容易。

She deemed it unwise to quit now. 她认为现在离职不明智。

b. Germany made it clear that she would support OPEC. 德国表明它要支持石油输出国组织。

I think it best that you should stay with us. 我想最好你和我们一起住。

They kept it quiet that he was dead. 他们未对外公开他死亡的消息。

I think it likely that we will get a certain amount of money. 我想我们很可能会得到一笔钱。

13.6.2 主语+及物动词+宾语+名词(作补语)(38)

1) 这种结构也相当多:

They called their daughter Mary. 他们给女儿取名叫玛丽。

They named the city Leningrad. 他们把这座城市命名为列宁格勒。

We elected Smith our chairman. 我们选史密斯为主席。

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. (谚)只工作不玩耍,聪明小孩也变傻。

They appointed him chairman of the committee. 他们任命他为主任委员。

The President nominated him Ambassador to China. 总统任命他为驻华大使。

We all consider the book a masterpiece. 我们都认为这本书是一杰作。

The doctor thought that a good sign. 医生认为这是一个好现象。

They kept their marriage a secret. 他们对结婚保密。

Shelley counted this experience a part of his education. 雪莱把这段经历看作是他经受的一段教育。

They christened the ship the Queen Mary. 他们把这艘船命名为玛丽皇后号。

The King dubbed him a knight. 国王授予他骑士称号。

We all voted the trip a great success. 我们一致认为这次旅行很成功。

I now pronounce you man and wife. 我现在宣布你们为夫妇。

The people acclaimed him King. 人民拥戴他为国王。

The judge declared the contest a tie. 裁判宣布这次比赛不分胜负。

2) 这类动词后也可用先行词it作形式上的宾语,而把真正的宾语放到句子后部去:

He felt it his duty to mention this to her. 他感到有责任向她提及此事。

He made it a rule to go jogging every morning. 他规定自己每天早上慢跑锻炼。

We thought it our duty to help them. 我们认为有责任帮助他们。

I consider it a privilege to work in your country. 我认为在贵国工作很是荣幸。

I shall always count it an honour to have known you. 认识了你我将永远感到荣幸。

I felt it a terrible thing that my mother should have to toil so endlessly. 我母亲要没完没了地干苦活我感到太可怕了。

3) 这类句子也常可用于被动结构(后面部分可说是复合谓语):

This is called numerical control. 这被称为数码控制。

The book is entitled "Pilgrim's Progress". 这书书名是《天路历程》。

He was voted a model worker. 他被公认为劳动模范。

The play may be termed a tragi-comedy. 这个戏可以称为悲喜剧。

She was christened Janet. 她洗礼时被命名为珍妮特。

She was nicknamed "Little Rabbit". 她的绰号叫“小白兔”。

13.6.3 主语+及物动词+宾语+介词短语(作补语)(39)

1) 这类句子中的介词短语为宾语的补语,和宾语一起构成复合宾语,不少动词后可跟这类结构:

I found her in better spirits when we met again. 再次见面时我发现她情绪好些了。

They kept him in custody. 他们把他拘留了。

He put his books in order. 他把他的书整理好了。

The news of his safe arrival set my mind at rest. 他平安到达的消息使我放宽了心。

The strike left the railway system in confusion. 罢工使铁路系统陷于一片混乱。

They all held him in great esteem (contempt). 他们都很尊敬(鄙视)他。

This placed her in a very difficult position. 这使她处境很困难。

They always consider themselves in the right. 他们总认为自己是对的。

They soon got the fire under control. 他们很快把火势控制住了。

He wished himself out of the affair. 他真希望自己未参与此事。

This will bring us all into harmony. 这会使我们都和睦起来。

She cried herself to sleep at last. 她哭着哭着最后睡着了。

They declared themselves for (against) the plan. 他们宣布支持(反对)这项计划。

She tried to talk her husband out of going. 她试图劝说丈夫不要去。

目录
设置
设置
阅读主题
字体风格
雅黑 宋体 楷书 卡通
字体大小
适中 偏大 超大
保存设置
恢复默认
手机
手机阅读
扫码获取链接,使用浏览器打开
书架同步,随时随地,手机阅读
首 页 < 上一章 章节列表 下一章 > 尾 页